Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Care

A broad array of conservative to surgical treatment options

When it comes to your feet and ankles ...

Considering that the average person walks about 100,000 miles during his or her lifetime, it makes sense that many people experience foot problems by the time they reach their golden years. 

However, because feet and ankles are key to a patient’s mobility and independence, the goal is to diagnose the condition and start with conservative options and then progress to surgical procedures if more aggressive treatment is warranted.

Services offered

Our skilled orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon addresses numerous conditions, injuries and illnesses such as: 

  • Ankle arthroscopy
  • Reconstructive foot and ankle surgery
  • Ankle replacement
  • Plantar fasciitis and bunions
  • Treatment of work-related injuries to the foot and ankle
  • Treatment of sports-related injuries to the foot and ankle
  • Treatment of degenerative conditions such as progressive flatfoot deformity, hammertoe deformity and Morton's neuroma


What you need to know about foot and ankle conditions

You will be cared for by numerous members of our team, working under the direction and supervision of our physician:

William E. Saar, D.O. 

Our advanced practice provider Rebecca Zahniser, PA-C, works with Dr. Saar to assist him during surgery and office hours. 

To request an appointment, call 1-866-874-7483 or click here. 

What conservative treatments are available?

For patients with arthritis pain, our physicians initiate treatment options such as:

  • anti-inflammatory medications
  • physical therapy
  • steroid injections
  • use of cane, walker or other ambulatory device for support

What surgical procedures are available?

After conservative measures are no longer effective, our surgeons may recommend that patients progress to surgical treatments including:​

  • arthroscopy of the hip or knee
  • minimally invasive techniques of the hip or knee
  • total replacement of the hip or knee, which may be done traditionally or with a minimally invasive procedure

When to see a doctor

Mild joint pain that occurs with activity can generally be controlled with self-help measures. Rest, topical ointments and the use of over-the-counter medications – such as aspirin and ibuprofen – are usually effective in treating mild cases. When pain becomes more severe or persistent, it may be necessary to see your doctor. You should seek medical attention when the pain and swelling:

  • Occur when you are not involved in an activity
  • Cannot be relieved by rest or reduced by over-the-counter medications
  • Interfere with your ability to perform many activities, such as climbing stairs, bending over or grasping objects
  • Awaken you from sleep